Mandatory Immunizations for School Attendance
According to Ohio Revised Code 3313.67, schools in Ohio must maintain an immunization record for enrolled students. Listed below are the immunizations required by grade level. Please provide your child's school nurse with an immunization record for your child. If you need any assistance in obtaining your child's immunizations, please reach out to your school nurse. We are happy to help!
Kindergarten - 6th Grade
- 5 DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus)
- 4 Polio
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox)
7th - 11th Grade
Two additional vaccines are required for students starting 7th grade.
- 1 Tdap (Tetanus & Acellular Pertussis)
- 1 Meningitis Vaccine
In addition to the vaccines listed above, 1 booster is required for students starting 12th grade.
- 1 Meningitis Vaccine booster dose.
A booster of the meningitis vaccine must have been given after the age of 16. If the first dose of meningitis is given on or after the age of 16, only one dose is required.
Where Can You Obtain Immunization for Your Child?
You have multiple options for obtaining immunizations for your child. Below are a few of these options. Please call to confirm insurance or payment information prior to your visit.
- Your child's physician or nurse practitioner
- Urgent Care offices
- Kroger's Little Clinic, Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, CVS Minute Clinic
- Butler County Health Department Clinics (Please call ahead to confirm clinic times, 513-887-5253)