What we (Ross Local Schools) CAN control
The Ross Local School District has the local authority to control our policy on masking in schools. We initially communicated that masks were optional in our schools on June 2, 2021 when the state health order ended. We have been mask optional since that time and will continue to be mask optional to begin the 2021-22 school year.
What we (Ross Local Schools) CANNOT control
Masks on School Buses:
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) mandates that masks be worn on school buses. This Federal mandate is set to expire on September 13, 2021. Updated as of 8/18/21 - this mandate has been extended until January 18, 2022.
Quarantine and Isolation Orders:
The Local Health Department (Butler County General Health District) has the authority to order an individual to quarantine and/or to isolate after exposure to infectious disease. This is not a RLSD decision but a directive from the Ohio Revised Code (3701.13).
We are required to report known COVID cases to the Local Health Department and they will contact trace those cases to issue quarantine and/or isolation orders.
Quarantine vs. Isolation:
“Quarantine” is ordering an individual to not interact with others if they have been exposed to an infectious disease. A Quarantine lasts 14 days.
“Isolation” is ordering an individual who is infected with an infectious disease to not interact with others. Isolation is 10 days from the onset of symptoms or the receiving of a positive test.
Quarantine Guidelines - Simplified:
(Again, these guidelines come from the Ohio Department of Health/CDC and/or Butler County General Health District who is ordering the quarantine. We are simply reporting known cases to them).
- If you are vaccinated (masked or not) you do not have to Quarantine when exposed to COVID-19.
- If you are involved in a contact tracing, the County may request proof of vaccination. The School District is not requiring vaccinations or collecting proof of vaccinations.
- If you can prove you have had COVID-19 in the last 90 days, you do not have to Quarantine.
- If you are wearing a mask when exposed to COVID-19, you will not be Quarantined.
- A Quarantine is ordered for 14 days from the date of exposure. You can return to school/activity as early as day 8 if you can produce a negative antigen or a negative PCR test on day 5 or later.
As of August 17, 2021.
The Superintendent has the latitude to make any necessary changes.
PDF of this document