Welcome to the Ross Local School District’s website. I hope you will find the information you are seeking with regard to our outstanding school district. We are excited and ready to work with the wonderful students of the Ross community.
There is great respect and admiration for our faculty, staff and administration. Students have so many opportunities to learn and grow through quality instruction, special projects, academic celebrations, field trips, extended school day events, award ceremonies & celebrations, sports, music, arts, and so on! The Ross Local School District embraces high standards and mutual respect for all which is evident in each of the building’s mission/vision statements listed below;
- The staff of Ross High School is committed to ensuring academic success, social responsibility, and career development for all students through strong partnerships with parents and the Ross community.
- Ross Middle School, recognizing its unique role in meeting the academic, social and emotional needs of students in transition, is committed to providing students with the help and care to empower them to become confident, cooperative, and curious, life-long learners living productive lives. Our entire staff commits to an inclusive and comprehensive program of support to assure this outcome, while promoting each student's social and emotional growth.
- All Elda Elementary students will succeed to their fullest potential. The students will strive for personal academic excellence, be active learners and problem solvers in a nurturing environment, be supported through a partnership between school, parents and community, develop positive self-esteem as well as respect for others and our world, and become life-long learners.
- Morgan Elementary School exists to help each unique child reach his or her full potential.
We aim to equip all children to:
- Make responsible contributions within their communities, their country, and the global society
- Function productively in the world of technology and the world of work
- Lead richly literate lives
- Continue to grow in understanding and respect for themselves and others
Continuous improvement balanced with innovation will be a focus of the school district. We will continue to utilize state and local assessment data to inform our instruction. Developing engaging and innovative learning opportunities for all of our students will remain a priority as well as the use of technology in our classrooms. Our buildings are beautiful and the management of our operations is safe, efficient, warm and welcoming to all visitors. We will strive to make sure your children are safe and secure. Financially, the district continues to support student needs while serving the community in as fiscally responsible a way as possible. Future financial conversations will need to occur to ensure the district continues moving forward in a positive manner. Lastly, our Board of Education is passionately committed to the success of each and every student and finding ways to make Ross the best district in the state!
I am honored to be the superintendent of the Ross Local School District, a truly amazing district! My goal is for our students to begin and end each day with a smile on their face. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any aspect of the operation of the Ross Local School District, do not hesitate to contact me. I wish you and your children a very successful 2016 – 2017 school year. I look forward to seeing each of you at building and district events.
Superintendent of Schools